We can provide cover for vehicles under a fleet policy which has been developed to provide specific features and benefits for funeral directors. You can include vehicles ranging from the obvious – hearses, limousines and removal vehicles – through to private cars, tractors and flat-bed lorries if needed.
We understand that the next generation of family funeral directors are the sons and daughters of the current generation and they can expect to receive our support. Unlike many similar policies, younger drivers can often be included for business use and may be extended for social, domestic and pleasure, with insurer’s approval.
The SAIFInsure Fleet Policy includes:
- Fully comprehensive cover
- Any driver over 21 (younger drivers may be included subject to underwriting criteria)
- Unlimited windscreen cover with nil excess
- Movement of mourners’ vehicles included
- Uninsured loss recovery
- Repairs carried out by your chosen supplier
Additional covers available:
- Loss of use for hearses, limousines and ambulances – if you are unable to use your vehicles, your insurers will cover the cost of hiring replacements (subject to policy limits and a three day excess period).
ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CONSIDERATIONS
Your business is unique. Your specific circumstances may present additional risks and we can help you with those.
Additional covers available include:
- Directors & Officers liability insurance – Directors of Limited Companies and partners in a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) carry fiduciary duties that place them at risk of personal loss should they breach these.
- Property Insurance – Many funeral directors own property (residential and/or commercial) and we have some excellent property insurance facilities.
- Personal Insurance – We are able to access a variety of personal insurance products such as household insurance and we are very happy to assist.
Funeral directors are unique in the type of insurance coverage they need. SAIFInsure understands and reflects this in the package of covers we include as standard.
The SAIFInsure Commercial policy includes:
- Cover for buildings, contents, machinery, computers & mobile phones
- Loss of revenue in case of business interruption
- Employers Liability
- Public and Products liability
- Legal expenses
- Machinery breakdown
- Glass, money & goods in transit
Specific additional covers included in our policy as standard:
- Deceased’s personal possessions – We know that sometimes you may be asked to look after a deceased’s item of jewellery or similar and our policy automatically covers items of such up to a maximum value of £15,000 overall.
- Additional increased costs of working – You are insured for loss of revenue in the event of a fire or severe flood, but what happens when your garage area, for example, is flooded and cannot be used to store the cars? You don’t suffer any revenue loss but you would want to be able to lease a unit to store whilst your premises were being repaired.
- Loss of licence – If you operate licensed premises we provide coverage for the loss of this licence and where it could damage your income stream.
- Cyber insurance – Cover for investigation, mitigation of loss and professional advice in the event of third party data (including deceased persons) being released into the public domain. Whilst funeral directors are considered very low risk compared to many other businesses and professions, the risk does still remain for this increasingly damaging activity.
EXCLUSIVE SAIF MEMBER BENEFITS
At SAIFInsure, we are delighted to be the brokers and custodians for the SAIF members’ insurances:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Legal Expenses Insurance
Please contact us if you would like further details of these important membership benefits and the protection that they provide.
OUR SERVICE COMMITMENT
We understand funeral directors and we are committed to providing a responsive and appropriate service that recognises the distinct requirements of the profession. We work hard to ensure that you can always speak to someone who can deal with your requirements in a caring and efficient manner.