Funeral directors are unique in the type of insurance coverage they need. SAIFInsure understands and reflects this in the package of covers we include as standard.
The SAIFInsure Commercial insurance for funeral directors policy includes:
- Cover for buildings, contents, machinery, computers & mobile phones
- Loss of revenue in case of business interruption
- Employers Liability
- Public and Products Liability
- Legal expenses
- Machinery breakdown
- Glass, money & goods in transit
Specific additional covers included in our policy as standard:
- Deceased’s personal possessions – We know that sometimes you may be asked to look after a deceased’s item of jewellery or similar and our policy automatically covers items of such up to a maximum value of £15,000 overall.
- Additional increased costs of working – You are insured for loss of revenue in the event of a fire or severe flood, but what happens when your garage area, for example, is flooded and cannot be used to store the cars? You don’t suffer any revenue loss but you would want to be able to lease a unit to store whilst your premises were being repaired.
- Loss of licence – If you operate licensed premises we provide coverage for the loss of this licence and where it could damage your income stream.
- Cyber insurance – Cover for investigation, mitigation of loss and professional advice in the event of third party data (including deceased persons) being released into the public domain. Whilst funeral directors are considered very low risk compared to many other businesses and professions, the risk does still remain for this increasingly damaging activity.